Blog #2



 Reading the Nightingale and how it correlated back to WW2 is always a topic that has amazed me. The horror, fear, I just cannot imagine what people actually lived through and the fear they had instilled in them that any day could be their last. Reading books about Anne Frank or Boy with the Striped Pajamas just makes me wonder why Hitler had to do this. Why do people have such a big issue with something that should not even be controversial in the first place? Human rights is just a way we can all live peacefully happily. I understand that there is a lot that goes into taking care rules stay in place and that people don't take advantage, but it hurt me that essentially those with more power will always have more. Even when it comes to rights, the higher up the scale on the social ladder one is, the more one is in a sense "respected". I still question to this day if people who are poor deserve to be poor. Being grateful for what I have now, everyone has a different story and I essentially all everyone wants is power because you are respected more. I find this a very interesting topic: the lengths one can go to get what they want. One thing I have definitely learned living in this harsh reality of a world, is that sometimes the actions that are necessary to do may not always be morally correct, but in order to grow and gain power, one must sometimes do what they need to do what is beneficial for themselves. Sometimes, those who work hard, may not get what someone who didn't work as hard get at all. Talking, communication, and connections along with hard work play a big role in society now. Someone who may not have worked as hard as me in high school may end up being more successful in the future. Gaining power, obviously not to the extent that it hurts someone and invades their human rights like Hitler did, but in a place even such as the workplace, its all a competition to get to the top. We shouldn't steep so low that the standards fall, but being able to have the confidence that you can slowly work your way up.

Comments

Popular Posts