The Truth Really Hurts!!...or does it?

Well it was quite an interesting week, my friend told me pigs are ugly. How dare she, pigs are my inspiration, I love them! They're so beautiful and perfect and so very underrated :(

We have to put ourselves in a pigs shoes, how would the pig feel if we called them ugly? But sometimes I wonder, to someone else, a pig being ugly could be the truth, but to me, hearing that a pig is pretty could mean the world to me.


Image result for ugly peppa pig
My favorite pig character Peppa Pig!!


I read a poem, called The History Teacher. At first when I read the poem, it made no sense at all. I kept questioning why the teacher keeps doing weird things to the kids and claiming about things that never happened in historical events! I was like "This guy is whack!". Then, after spending around 20 minutes analyzing the poem, it finally started making sense and everything was being put together. After all he wasn't crazy, I mean maybe he was a little, but I could see where he was coming from.



Image result for your crazy gif
My reaction when I read the poem for the first time...


Oh for Pete's sake, the history teacher told kids that he teaches that only a tiny little bomb dropped on japan! That tiny little bomb took the lives of approximately 200,000 living beings. I questioned this teacher's intention. By making major events that happened in history seem so minor to what contributed to the world of how we are today, do the kids who come to learn about a class that is purely based on evidence based facts that have occurred, deserve to know the harsh truth of the world they are bound to grow up in? Or do they have to be protected from the harsh truth to save their innocence?


These questions mind boggled me for the longest time. Yeah we're saving the kids from the harsh reality of the world, but when it comes time and the kids grow up and are suddenly thrown into the world, is it so bad for them to learn the truth they will eventually know in the end anyway? Should they not be taught the truth from the beginning so they know how to adapt? 



Image result for looking up at buildings gif
Like the house attached to the balloons,
 the kids inside don't know about the real world outside,
 but when they step out reality is something else...




Trying to protect his student’s innocence
he told them the Ice Age was really just
the Chilly Age, a period of a million years
when everyone had to wear sweaters.

I read this first verse of the poem and it hit me, who jokes about the ice age? 

As a history teacher, should he be doing his job and right full duty as a teacher who are known to be a trustworthy source? Or should he keep lying to the student to keep them happy? Education is a privilege not all kids have access to, it leads us to the path in hope that one day the generation will make a change in this world. But why is the teacher turning facts into a twisted truth?
These questions kept arising in my head as I was analyzing the poem. After reading this poem, I sometimes wonder, what really is the trustworthiness of our teachers?


Image result for trust teachers
Pointing fingers at the teacher

Comments

  1. How interesting that you relate a story of your favorite animal with a poem of The History Teacher. Considering teachers, I believe they should tell their students the truth to a certain extent. Whether it be shortening the story or leaving out some parts, both wouldn't be treated as lying. The students aren't happy, it's shown through the way the students treat each other on the playground. Because his world is perfect he wants to do the same for the children but ends up back firing on him. The teacher should be careful of what he does because the students are growing and learning, so with that comes the trust that the teacher will share information when needed and appropriate for the student's ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you made this post yours! Your own voice and humor is obviously present and I could relate to your thoughts of the poem! I also started questioning the intentions and trustworthiness of our teachers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts