Blog #1





 As I read the Nightingale, I simply cannot put it down. Each chapter has its own essence and compelling storyline that makes you want to read more as you go. I want to talk about perhaps the most impactful moment for me as I read the book. I personally am a big fan of WW2 books as they have so many interesting stories, and as I read the books, I tend to imagine myself within the setting of the book, watching everything play out or just dreaming about what is happening. Having feelings associated with words and what I dream of, sometimes what is said in the book makes it feel so real that it feels like I'm living that moment. For me the most touching apart within the first part of the book was when it was known that France had surrendered to Germany. As we follow through with the lives of Vianne's and Isabelle's the journey they go through, in order to keep their family safe, and the hardship they have without their loved ones or just simply surviving, is so full of action yet so many twists and heartbreaking moments. Eventually hearing that Gaetan has left to war without Isabelle was the worst. The fact that Isabelle had wanted to do something so meaningful and joined Gaetan so that she could be a part of something special, but given circumstances it just left her alone. Isabelle and Vianne's lovers both gone, and soon followed by learning about the fact that your country that you have fought so hard for and your family members are risking their life for, simply surrenders to Germany really is heartbreaking. 

Comments

Popular Posts