Greetings

Knowing how to start off an email has been a nightmare for me, always. When you type, an email which is going to another person, it feels awkward saying hello or dear, it's not how I usually talk but its the norm to start off addressing an email like that. I wonder how the person on the other end receiving the email, feels when they read dear or hello, especially since they're receiving it from a child much younger than them that's only 16 years old.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't know how to hold a conversation,basically if they are dry, i'll literally cry. I feel that personally I have developed myself enough that I consider myself a pretty decent conversation keeper. I hate having silent moments in a conversation so that's why I always am yapping, many people sometimes find it annoying but my friends who are so used to me kind of like it since I am always going off about something. Having silence in a conversation where you are with 1 or more person makes it quiet and I don't like the feeling, so whenever I sense the moment coming up I start going off. I wonder if it does get bothersome for some people but I also don't understand how these people have friends, are they just always having silent moments or does it get better? Its also essential that if you are closer with someone, then its easier to bring out topics to talk about but if you are not as close and just acquaintances, its hard to come up with starters. I know personally, my dad doesn't talk at all and my mom is a decent talker, so I'm not sure where I came up with the skill but I somehow am where I am.I am a different person on text though, a lot of people are better talkers in person but when it comes to text, you don't feel like typing long responses or texting at all so it comes across as if I am dry.

The issue that arises tho, when we start a conversation, sure if you're close to someone then it feels natural but if you say "how are you", or such, it feels either awkward or that you don't mean it. Some people are at the point now where, words have a lot of meaning behind them and such things could potentially evaluate your friendship. You don't know if the person is being sincere or not when they ask you about how you are doing and if when they say 'hello' while walking by, are they doing it for courtesy or are the genuinely happy to see you cross paths and they acknowledge you. Its a confusing world of conversations and words. Oh man.

Get ready for memes!! :))

Image result for dry people memesImage result for dry people memesImage result for convo starters meme

Comments

  1. I really like how you included your own personal experiences into your post to show how these social norms have impacted you. I also totally agree that using social niceties definitely depends on who you're talking to! Love the memes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll cry?!?!?!? HAHAH Boredom can be pretty bad, but it just makes me angry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts