The past cant be changed...or can it??

As I was reading about Gatsby, two quotes caught my attention. As I read, those lines stuck out to me the most. I stopped reading, unconsciously drifted my mind away and thought, wow, this quote. Google defines a quote as "repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker." But to me, a quote may be something someone said, but it means a lot from heart and has big significance in your life. It impacts you in one way or another.

There were 2 quotes in Great Gatsby that let me feel this moment. 

1)
“Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning—So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

2)
“Can’t repeat the past?…Why of course you can!”

There has been a lot of events in my life that have cost me many twists and turn that I unwillingly take. Sometimes problems with friends can occur too. At first I thought about the first quote, friend problems can happen, but the past is in the past, and if anything can happen, then maybe moving forward, we can do things to remake for our mistakes and be a better person for good. The second quote had me weary. The past is history. How can we magically go back in time and maybe not take the wrong decisions then at that point.Whether it be friends or school. I'd love to go back in time and maybe try harder on one test or do better in on class, go back and practice more and wish I had done it when i was younger. Maybe go back and not meet people for the better, All types of things. We always wonder if there is a time machine that exists, or can ever be made. Instead of living the present, we're always looking for excuses to get a peek into the future or see how the past could have been changed for the better. Quotes are there and they give somewhat of a reality check, but sometimes, quotes aren't always right either, depending on the scenario they could be right or wrong. we just have to live the present, and strive for the best in the future.








Comments

Popular Posts